We are CyberFortress - The Recovery People
CyberFortress is a global company that makes it simple to rapidly and reliably backup and recover any data to prevent damage to the business. Data is stored in secure, geo-redundant facilities, and our suite of solutions enables our data recovery experts to create a custom, comprehensive solution for any size organization. Whenever a customer needs data recovery, they receive personalized support from a human being every hour of every day of the year. For more information visit our website: https://www.cyberfortress.com
What you will do:
CyberFortress is looking for a pragmatic, battle-tested software developer with deep experience in building, maintaining, deploying, and optimizing highly-available, scalable web applications (front-end and back-end), APIs, and other web-based services.
The Senior Software Developer for our Operations Engineering team is responsible for maintaining and improving multiple web applications and services already deployed to a multi-cloud production environment, coaching and mentoring junior engineers on the team, collaborating with the Operations Engineering Manager in building and maintaining a backlog of tasks/user-stories, identifying and finding solutions to application performance issues, and planning and executing on application and infrastructure modernization projects. In this role, you will operate with a lot of independence and are empowered to make decisions and help build and enhance the engineering culture of the team. Even if you don‘t meet all of the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply. Job requirements are a wishlist, not a checklist, and we‘re happy to help the right candidate grow into this role!
This is a full-time role with a time commitment of at least 40 hours per week with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve a variety of web sites, web applications, and services written in C# (.NET framework and core) and Python.
- Plan and execute projects to migrate web applications from .NET Framework to .NET Core.
- Own and perform code reviews for features, bug fixes, and other changes for production code bases.
- Make informed architectural and software design decisions to continually evolve and improve how our products and services are delivered to our customers.
- Review and prioritize confirmed production bugs/issues, communicating remediation plans and timelines to other internal teams.
- Assist DevOps engineers in the maintenance of infrastructure and infrastructure management automation.
- Ensure all Software Engineers are adhering to our software quality standards so that work is done to the highest possible quality.
- Mentor and coach the team’s developers and engineers, helping them improve their technical skills and soft skills.
- Act as an example to all Software Engineers on the team through advocating for personal development and taking the time to do so yourself.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A strong fit with the CyberFortress Core Values.
- Excellent communication skills with a strength for adapting to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proactive approach to maintaining and improving existing web applications and services, always looking for opportunities to improve overall reliability, stability, and performance; eager to experiment with new technologies and tools; sharing lessons and findings with others.
- Customer-focused mindset and empathy for the paying customer consuming the applications and services you’re responsible for maintaining.
- Intense attention to detail at the micro and macro levels, able to understand and weigh risks/consequences in making changes to customer-facing, production applications.
Major Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience building and maintaining C#/.NET framework web applications and services
- 2+ years of experience building .NET core web applications (experience with EF Core is a plus!)
- Experience mentoring/coaching other developers/engineers in both technical and soft skills
- 2+ years of experience building and deploying applications to cloud providers.(e.g. Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services. Including experience with “serverless”/managed products like App Engine, Cloud Functions/Lambda)
Other Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience migrating .NET Framework applications to .NET Core (running on linux)
- Experience with DevOps automation and infrastructure management tools (e.g. Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience using performance monitoring tools, like an APM platform; using traces to evaluate performance and find opportunities for improvement
- Knowledgeable about the QA process - unit testing, integration testing, and testing automation
- Experience modularizing and/or containerizing large/monolithic web applications
- Experience working with MS SQL Server and/or IIS
Travel and Location:
- The team currently works on a hybrid schedule 2 days per week in the office, and 3 days per week from home. Our office is located in the downtown San Antonio area.
- If you are not located in San Antonio, you can work remotely, but must be able to be in the office at least one day per week.
- Travel will be limited to industry events, professional development activities, or offsite planning meetings, in total, less than 10% of the time.
CyberFortress Core Values:
Our core values aren’t just words on a page. They form the foundation of how we operate as individuals and a company.
- People First: We provide the opportunity for everyone to do meaningful work with people they love to work with.
- Humble and Driven to Results: We “roll up our sleeves” and are willing to pitch in when and where it is needed.
- Why and Whats Next: We let curiosity continue to ask the next question until we have a clear picture of a great outcome.
- Act on the Truth: We speak up, get to the facts of the situation, and make the hard decisions in a healthy way.
Our Commitment to a Total Rewards Package:
All work and no play is no way to live. At CyberFortress, we believe in fair pay and fair play. That means we pay competitive salaries and make sure that everyone has plenty of time for life, family and friends outside of the office.
- Competitive salary.
- Company paid benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life.
- Generous 401k matching.
- Pick your own equipment. You’ll get a budget to spend on whatever laptop, monitor, and office equipment you desire.
- Paid time off.
- Volunteer time off.