We are CyberFortress - The Recovery People
CyberFortress is a global company that makes it simple to rapidly and reliably backup and recover any data to prevent damage to the business. Data is stored in secure, geo-redundant facilities, and our suite of solutions enables our data recovery experts to create a custom, comprehensive solution for any size organization. Whenever a customer needs data recovery, they receive personalized support from a human being every hour of every day of the year. For more information visit our website: https://www.cyberfortress.com.
About the Role:
As a Technical Support Engineer for CyberFortress your role will manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues directly related to the use, support and implementation of server or managed backup and recovery. The Technical Support Engineer will provide higher-level technical product support to customers via inbound/escalated calls, emails, chat, etc., by handling inquiries, assisting lower-level technical product support, and troubleshooting complex technical product-related issues.
- Provides customer support and technical issue resolution via e-mail, phone and other electronic medium
- Implements and manages the CyberFortress solution
- Troubleshoot problems backing up and restoring with customers and take or suggest corrective action
- Logs tickets, defects, enhancements with enough detail to be understood and resolved by others
- Prioritizes issues and manages time effectively, taking accountability for resolving customer issues
- Performs timely escalation of support related issues to various departments for further analysis and resolution
- Case resolution, software/network troubleshooting and proactive support services
- Works well in a team and provides team members support and guidance when required
- Shares best practices with other team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of support services
- Effectively interact with other members of the team to provide solutions to complex technical issues
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise
- 1-3 years of experience in technical software support, providing ticketed or phone support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise supporting Enterprise level Backup/Recovery applications
- Experience troubleshooting backup storage hardware and a good understanding of relational databases is required.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery or Business Continuity Planning is a big plus.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative.
- Experience with backup & recovery preferred
- Experience with planning or executing system and site recoveries are a bonus
- Advanced networking and server troubleshooting skills
- In-depth technical knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Working to above average knowledge of Linux, VMware, HyperV, Storage
- General or above average knowledge of database technology including MS Exchange and MS SQL Server
- Ability to write simple to complex SQL queries
- Microsoft Certifications are preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of a broad range of software and technologies
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of concepts of Security, Encryption, Compression, the Cloud, Big Data, File Systems
CyberFortress Core Values:
Our core values aren’t just words on a page. They form the foundation of how we operate as individuals and a company.
- People First: We provide the opportunity for everyone to do meaningful work with people they love to work with.
- Humble and Driven to Results: We “roll up our sleeves” and are willing to pitch in when and where it is needed.
- Why and What's Next: We let curiosity continue to ask the next question until we have a clear picture of a great outcome.
- Act on the Truth: We speak up, get to the facts of the situation, and make the hard decisions in a healthy way.
Our Commitment to a Total Rewards Package:
All work and no play is no way to live. At CyberFortress, we believe in fair pay and fair play. That means we pay competitive salaries and make sure that everyone has plenty of time for life, family and friends outside of the office.
- Competitive data driven salary.
- Company paid benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life.
- Generous 401k matching.
- Pick your own equipment. You’ll get a budget to spend on whatever laptop, monitor, and office equipment you desire.
- Paid time off.
- Volunteer time off.